Do you want to purchase and install LED light bars for your vehicle but you don’t know how to go about it? Here is what you need to know about LED light bars. Light Emitting Diode or LED is a semiconductor diode that projects light when electricity is applied on it. LED light bars come in different sizes from 4 inch LED light bar up to 50 inch LED light bar. Small width LED light bars can be mounted in your vehicle’s grill or bumper while the larger width LED light bars are great for mounting on roof-line of your vehicle. Scenarios of LED light application are off the road vehicle lightning, ATV lightning boats, UTV lightning boats, marine lightning, heavy equipment lightning, agricultural vehicle lighting, and mining lighting.
The luminous flux of approximately 28800lm of 50 inch LED light bars gives this light bar advantage over other lightning bars. Vehicles need this larger width light bars because:
- It lights up the entire front view of your vehicle.
- It projects light to a far distance through the dark.
- It gives the surrounding bright lights in close range.
- It creates the best light beams blocking out unused light for a clean beam.
- It can withstand a harsh environment because it is waterproof and dust-proof.
What Vehicles Needs 50 Inch Led Light Bars
Not all vehicles are compatible with the 50 inch LED light bar; vehicles that are actually compatible with the 50 inch LED light bars are:
- Water transport vehicles: speedboats, yacht, ships, etc. During docking and landing, intense LED light bars is highly recommended.
- Off road vehicles: SUV, truck, bus, tank, train, etc. Often times yellow and white lines are barely visible in the dark and wildlife may appear out of the woods. A bright LED is a need for 100% visibility.
- Engineering vehicles: bulldozers, excavators, cranes, tractor, forklift, rollers, etc. These vehicles will greatly benefit from an extra lightning view.
- Specialized vehicles: military command vehicles, firefighters vehicle, police vehicles, and media or telecommunication vehicles.
How to Install the 50-inch LED light bar.
You’ve got your 50 inch LED light bar and you’re ready to install. This can be a bit tricky. You can decide to do it professionally by taking your vehicle to the service station or getting your buddy who is knowledgeable in light bar installations to help you out. If you decide to do it yourself, here are some accessories you need to the checklist.
- Mounting brackets
- Drill bits
- Wire stripper
- Wire cutter
- Measuring tape
It is important you do a thorough background study on your specific light bar and DIY installation to avoid damaging the lights or causing harm to yourself during installation.
- Firstly, test to see that your lights are working by connecting it to your battery. Make sure that the voltage output of your battery falls within the required specification. Connect the red wire to the positive terminal and black wire to the negative terminal on your battery. If it’s working, then remove the black wire from the negative terminal first before the red wire to avoid weakening your battery.
- Clean and wipe where you will be mounting the 50 inch led light bar brackets to ensure a clean and strong connection.
- Measure the position of the holes on the light against where you’ll drill into your vehicle that is if your car does not already have pre-drilled holes. It is best your double check before drilling to avoid having extra holes in your vehicle.
- Proceed to secure the mounting bracket to your vehicle by securing the first set of screws. Note: Do not be tempted to attach any stud mounts to plastic parts even if they seem secured and fastened because, over time, the plastic will crack due to vibration.
- Next, you mount the50 inch LED light bar to the mounting brackets and secure with the second set of screws. Make sure you screw firmly but do not tighten too much to avoid cracking soon after driving. Give it a little shake to ensure that all the parts are properly screwed.
- It is now time to wire after your mounting job is completed. Start by connecting the light to your relay switch. The red wire on light goes to the red wire on the switch; likewise, black wire goes to the black wire. Soldier them together or use a connector, after which, you wrap the connection with electrical tape. Remember that your wiring connection must be away from high heat areas.
- After you secure your connection with electrical tape, you connect the wires from the relay switch to your vehicle battery making sure you add a fuse in case of power surge. It will first pop the fuse rather than damage your lighting system. Remember, red goes to the positive terminal while the blue goes to the negative terminal.
- Lastly, power your LED light installation and pop a cold drink to celebrate a work well done.
50 inch LED Light Bar Recommend
Ready to give it a try, you can browse our high quality and durable 50 inch LED light bar and choose which one suits your taste and needs. You are sure to benefit from the excellent night illumination without spending a fortune.
We have made it easy for you. Auxbeam 50 LED light bar stand out from other brand lights. See the difference below:
|Brand||Type of LED||Waterproofing||Lifespan|
|Wonenice 52” LED Light Bar||CREE||IP67||30,000 hours|
|Senlips 52” LED Light Bar||CREE||IP67||30,000 hours|
|Auxbeam 52” LED Light Bar||CREE||IP67||50,000 hours|
|Autofeel 52” LED Light Bar||COB||IP67||50,000 hours|
With our 50 inch LED light bars, you decide when night falls because it gives you an excellent illumination. Our selections of Auxbeam light bar lights up your path giving you a crystal clear vision of anything in front and around you as you drive at night. Auxbeam is presently on sales promotion on different kinds of 50 inch LED light bars at very unbelievably prices. Whether you need the lights for your off road vehicle, heavy machinery, water transportation or construction vehicle. Auxbeam LED light bar is an LED light bar that every vehicle should install. You can get LED light bars as low as $ 19.99 plus free shipping in the USA. Check out our offers on https://www.auxbeam.com/led-light-bars-sale . You do not want to miss out on these prices slash. More promotions you can check here. https://www.auxbeam.com/events Also, if you are interested in LED lighting and modified parts you can read on to know more.